"Art is giving yourself permission to translate life. Exactly the way you feel. See. And hear it. Be the artist you are. Give yourself permission to speak your own language."
- Niyyirah Waheed
Hi, I’m Sara!
I help people to tune into their creativity, inner peace and authentic selves through experimental, somatic and mindfulness based ceremonial and theraputic practices.
I’ve been practicing mindfulness and theraputic neuroscience-based methods for over a decade. Now I share those tools and help clients cultivate greater awareness, equanimity and remain grounded through life’s challenges such as relationships, career change, life transitions, the grief of losing someone, finding their life purpose, and breaking through creative ruts.
As a Somatic Mindfulness Counselor, I guide people from a place of stress and anxiety to living life with a strong internal confidence and the tools to navigate through the rough parts.
George Addair once said, "Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
We all experience internal resistance in different parts of our lives. It usually comes up as procrastination or avoidance, especially when we start something new or want to make a change. Fear keeps us safe. It’s a healthy emotion, as long as it doesn’t hold us back from taking action on opportunities. But when it does, there are ways to calm it down, work through it without triggering the resistance and ultimately, move through it to discover the prize that’s waiting for you on the other side.
...so, what’s the prize on the other side?
It’s YOU. It’s your confidence, your joy, your best self that’s ready to join you in the life that deep down, you know is waiting to happen.
One of my greatest joys in working with others is witnessing their own discovery of what it means to be fully human. I believe everyone has the capacity to self heal. It's an honor to bare witness to the beauty that you are and always have been.
Experiential modalities and therapeutic training that inform my offering:
- Psychedelic Somatic Therapeutic Modality Utilizing Cannabis
- Deep and Compassionate Listening
- Focusing (felt sense)
- Soul Collage
- Internal Family Systems
- Guided Meditation
- Somatic Mindfulness
- Creative Facilitation
- Polyvagal Theory (nervous system)
- Trauma Informed Mindfulness
- Experimental Practices
- Self Inquiry
- Psychedelic Preparation and Integration
- End of life spiritual counseling
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Methodologies
Description of Hakomi:
Internal Family Systems:
Training & Continued education
- Upcoming training scheduled: NARM level 1 training winter/spring of 2022
- Psychedelic Somatic Institute- Psychedelic Somatic Interactional Psychotherapy Certificate 2021
- Conscious Dying Institute- Sacred Passage Death Doula Certificate 2021
- The Circle Way facilitation online training 2021
- End of Life Rituals online training through Be Ceremonial, 2021
- Rhythm of Regulation (polyvagal practices) with Deb Dana 2021
- Ancestral Healing and Ritual continuing education 2020-present
- Hakomi (Seattle Hakomi Education Network) Level 1- complete, Level 2
- Internal Family Systems Therapy 6 month Foundation Course, continuing education 2019
- Compassionate Listening with Gabor Mate, continuing education 2021
- Psychedelic Integration Training, continuing education 2018
- Ordained Minister through the Unitarian Universalist Church of Life 2018
- Authentic Relating Facilitation Training, Level 1 2017
- Shamanic Dearmoring training 2017
- Creative Facilitation Training, Level 1 2017
- Alchemy of Breath breath work training 2017
- Transformational Life Coach Certificate, Seattle 2016
- MSRB mindfulness training 2016
- Professional Artist and Muralist 2007-present
Commitment to Social Justice and Anti-Racism education
- Creating Safer Spaces with Shelby Leigh 2019
- How to be Less Harmful: Training White Helpers to be Less Harmful through ar-tic.org 2020
- Parenting and White Supremacy by Layla Saad 2020
- The Ancestor Project- Psychedelic Anti-Racism course 2020
I am committed to unpacking privilege and doing less harm and am committed to creating safer spaces for people to heal. If you would like a referral to a BIPOC LGBTQ+ provider and integration therapist, please reach out I am happy to refer you.